Want to help?
Volunteer to join the Christkindlmarkt excitement! The Carmel Christkindlmarkt is a 501C3 nonprofit and we need volunteers to help!
Check out all of the ways that you can be involved by clicking the link below.
Ages 15-18 are also welcome to volunteer with parental permission.
Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form
NOVEMBER 14 - DECEMBER 24
*Closed Nov. 26 for Thanksgiving Day
We are now closed for the season.
See you next year!
Special hours of operation on
Monday, December 21st : Noon - 9 pm
Tuesday, December 22nd : Noon - 9 pm
Christmas Eve : Noon - 3 pm
We'll see you next year!
November 20th - December 24th, 2021
NOVEMBER 19 - DECEMBER 30
*Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday:
4 - 9 pm
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday :
11 am - 9 pm
Special hours of operation
November 23 : 11 am - 9 pm
December 19-22 : 11 am - 9 pm
December 24 : 11 am - 4 pm
December 26-29 : 11 am - 9 pm
-photography & Videography Application-
Thank you very much for your interest in becoming a vendor.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019 market season.
However, please do apply early next year as we make our selections by May/June each year.
Please make special note of the expectations section of the vendor information below.
We hope to see you at the market this winter!
STEP 1: Read Critical Information
STEP 2: Read Guidelines
STEP 3: Fill out Application
The Carmel Christkindlmarkt welcomes photography, and is a popular location for family photos, engagement photos, and artistic photography during the holiday season. The Carmel Christkindlmarkt invests time and resources into making every guest’s visit memorable and enjoyable. With that in mind, the Carmel Christkindlmarkt has developed a set of photography guidelines to assist amateur and professional photographers in planning activities at the market. Please review all of the information and fill out the application. Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive notification from our staff regarding the status of your request. If your request is approved you will need to go to guest services to check in and receive an access badge.
Professional Photography and Videography
The Carmel Christkindlmarkt considers the following criteria to qualify as professional:
- The use of any equipment beyond a camera and tripod
- The use of props or costumes-the use of secondary photographers or assistants
- Paid photography work of any kind
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY GUIDELINES
The Carmel Christkindlmarkt asks that all photographers adhere to the following guidelines while on the market grounds:
The Carmel Christkindlmarkt welcomes professional photography sessions before or after posted hours of operation. Professional photography and videography is prohibited during market hours without express permission from the market management.
Photographers and clients are asked to respect the inclusive and considerate guests philosophy of the Carmel Christkindlmarkt, and are asked to abide by this philosophy in dress, actions, and content of all photographs.
Photographers are responsible for being considerate of others at the market, and must avoid restricting access to walkways or amenities, interfering with maintenance operations, or including identifiable individuals in any photographs without permission.
Photographers are responsible for being considerate of the property of the Carmel Christkindlmarkt and the City of Carmel. Photographers are responsible for avoiding damage to property at the market, reporting accidental damage if it occurs, and ensuring that they and their clients do not access the ice skating rink or other facilities without permission.
Photographers are responsible for their actions and the actions of their clients while at the Carmel Christkindlmarkt.
Photographers are responsible for their safety and the safety of their clients while at the Carmel Christkindlmarkt. Please note, professional photography is permitted outside of posted operating hours and may take place outside the hours of general maintenance operations. Inclimate weather can create potentially dangerous hazards on the premises at any time.
Photographs or videos taken while at the Carmel Christkindlmarkt may not be used to assert or imply that the Carmel Christkindlmarkt endorses any commercial product, enterprise, opinion, or message, nor that the Carmel Christkindlmarkt confirms the accuracy of any statements or text used in conjunction with the photographs or videos.
Failure to comply with the above guidelines will result in the termination of photography or videography privileges.
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY APPLICATION
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Please verify that you have read "Critical Information" and "Vendor Requirements" before submitting your application. Thank you!
What the Carmel Christkindlmarkt will provide:
- A 12’x12’ stand, including overhead lighting, overhead heating, and a point of sale system
- A 120-volt base electrical circuit with standard United States electrical sockets
- Exterior decoration of the stand
- Marketing for the Christkindlmarkt
- Access to water in compliance with local health code
- Removal and dumping of waste water tanks
- Trash removal
What Contracted Vendors will provide:
- Staff and product sufficient to operate during all market hours
- Accurate sales and inventory management using the provided point of sale system
- Interior decoration of the stand
- A tidy stand area that is free of alcohol, tobacco products, ecigarettes, vape pens
- Additional personal space heaters only with the approval of the Market Master
- Valid United States Tax ID Number
- Valid Checking Account with a United States bank
- Twenty Percent (20%) of vendor’s total gross sales for all products sold at the market
- Proof of comprehensive general liability and property damage insurance, with liability limits of not less than $250,000 per occurrence and in the aggregate
- The Carmel Christkindlmarkt is a winter market. Plan to be in operation in cold temperatures. Sales associates should dress in warm clothes, and should be comfortable in cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- While the staff of the Carmel Christkindlmarkt is happy to partner with contracted vendors and function as a resource to the entire market, market staff will not be available to individual vendors to provide retail staffing support. Please do not plan to use market staff or volunteers in order to provide temporary or back-up staffing for your stand.
- Please ensure that all market sales are transacted using the provided point of sale system. Mail-order items are not encouraged, but are permitted if payment is collected at the market with product to be mailed to the customer.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.