The Carmel Christkindlmarkt is continuing the Christkind essay contest. This essay contest is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the Carmel Christkindlmarkt and carry the honor of bringing a beloved German holiday tradition to Carmel, Indiana.
The Christkind is a well-known symbol of Christmas in German-speaking countries. As the tradition goes, the Christkind angel delivers Christmas presents and a Christmas tree to German children on Christmas Eve without being seen.
The Carmel Christkindlmarkt Christkind shares Christmas cheer with guests throughout the Carmel Christkindlmarkt by welcoming visitors, handing out candy and gifts, and taking photos with visitors. The Christkind also participates in special events, parades and media activities throughout the year.
- High School and College students
- Minimum 500 word essay
- 2-3 Pictures of yourself
- Can commit to making at minimum 20, 2-hour appearances between Nov. 18 and Dec. 24
- Must be willing to be present for the Grand Opening by 10:30 am on November 18, for other special events, and for media appearances.
- Winners of the Second Prize and Third Prize may be asked to participate at special events and media appearances.
Include a cover page with the following information:
- Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- High School Attended or Attending
- High School Graduation Year College or University Attending or Planning
- College or University Graduation Year
- German Linguistic and Cultural Experience
Many families include decorations as part of their holiday traditions. Describe the decorating traditions your family does around the holidays, and discuss whether those traditions have German origins.
Please submit a PDF of your cover page and essay with the subject "Christkind Contest" to email@example.com by Sept. 15, 2023.